BIRD’s EYE VIEW OF THE YEAR
- Our Peaceful Classroom (grace and courtesy) Introducing students to our school.
- Harvest and Fall
- We will spend a bit of time learning all about the Montessori classroom: introducing students to all the Montessori materials in the school. Creating a working atmosphere.
- Once the students are normalized in the classroom we will be able to expand our study to the world around us:
- The Earth!
- Cardinal Directions
- Western Hemisphere
- Formation of the Universe
- Solar System and Constellations
- Rock Cycle and Water Cycle
- Botany: going on leaf walks, dissecting flowers, studying different types of leaves.
- Zoology: vertebrates, and invertebrates, mammals and non-mammals, amphibians and reptiles, mollusks and crustaceans, insects and arachnids.
Parents, please check the specific calendar on Shutterfly for events, closures, and specific school-related happenings. Thank you!
No School October 14th: Teacher Workshop Day
No School for Veteran’s Day: Nov 11, 2016
Winter Break: 12/19/16 through 1/2/17. School starts back on Tuesday Jan 3rd, 2017.
Martin Luther King Day: Jan 16, 2017
President’s week break: Feb 20-24, 2017
Teacher Workshop Day: March 9-10, 2017
Spring Break: April 10-14, 2017
No school Memorial Day
Last Day of School: June 16th (Field Day!) This is a half day.